Thursday, December 1, 2011

There and back again...

I'm about to begin a journey. One that will take me 6849 miles without leaving my bedroom. You see, I recently got a stationary bicycle and I plan to ride it almost daily until I've traveled the distance from Hobbiton, to Mordor, and back again. During this journey I will also be taking care to watch the foods I eat and meditations and other things that are really good for me. Why? Because my glucose numbers are just way too close to that dangerous level and I have a lot of life left!

Why use the miles from Frodo and Sam? Because I love the Lord of the Rings series and I think it will be nice to plan my own miles with their journey in mind. The information I will be using comes from The Eowyn Challenge. If you get the chance, check it out. Now, there may be hardcore LotR fans out there who would love to challenge the numbers on this site and that's fine. I'm simply looking for a way to keep this interesting for ME and this is a great way to do so.

On this first day of my journey, I rode on the bike for 30 minutes and got about six miles. Not bad, even though my bottom now hurts like crazy. I got a small coaster knitted while I was on there. Pretty good, and now I have another way to help keep my desk clean.

Okay, now for the stats: I weigh 192 pounds. My hemoglobin A1C is 5.9%. I'll be getting the blood work done again in six months and I'll certainly update that number.

Today's knitting:



And now it's time to deal with the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment