Friday, March 16, 2012

Other Movements

Today was a belly dancing day. It wasn't that I didn't want to get on the bike, or anything like that. Instead, I just wanted to move differently. I've been following an old disc that I have and am going to start a different set next week. While I like the friendly smiles on most of the DVDs, I prefer Rachel Brice's seriousness with belly dancing. If anyone asked me why I would try to explain that I see this form of dancing as serious. I see it closer to a sacred dance than most would. I know a lot of people prefer to have fun with it and I think that's wonderful. For them. For me, it is deeper than that.

I also did the leg chains and felt proud of myself for completing the whole set. I did take a 5 minute break once I reached the 7s, but I kept going after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment