Wednesday, March 14, 2012

771.7 Miles

(11.8)

Aragorn and Borimir created a path through the snow so the hobbits could get to a clearer place on the mountain. The going is slow and the crebain returned. There wasn't anything we could do about that, other than to keep going.

Today's ride was slower, and that was due to the residual soreness in my legs. After the ride I had the almond & protein and rested for about 10 minutes before picking up the weights. I felt really good that I was able to finish the whole set of chains this time. At one point I wasn't sure I would.

I've been thinking about self-sabotage lately. I know that subject very well. In times before, I had no problem sitting here knowing that I should exercise, knowing that I should eat better, and not doing either. I also would minimize the accomplishments until they seemed unlike achievements at all. At moments I can still feel that inside me. Recognizing it is a good step toward eliminating it. I've traveled nearly 800 miles at this point. That's no small feat. I need to remember that, and celebrate it as I continue.

I've reached a part of the socks where I should turn the heel. Since I'm still unfamiliar with the "Tomato Heel" I will work on it off the bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment