Thursday, March 8, 2012

733.5 Miles

(12.3)

Still traveling upward and the days are cold. (I can start listening to the book again!)

Okay. Yesterday's chains were pretty rough. My legs trembled starting about halfway through, but I finished them anyway. After all, I thought, I'm not going to make progress if I don't push myself. Well, today I could barely get my legs to move down the hall for the morning coffee. Sitting down was a little challenging and I briefly wished for different body parts so I didn't have to hurt so much when going to the bathroom. I had the serious thought of avoiding the bike simply because my legs did hurt so much. But I got on anyway. And pedaled so very slowly at first. I was a little surprised when my legs started easing up a little and I was able to start going a little closer to my "normal" speeds. I feel pretty good about that.

Afterward I had water and protein and will be preparing a decent lunch as soon as my shower is finished... I'm sure the warm water will help ease the ache even more.

I finished the scarf/shawlette. I love how soft this yarn is. I don't know what else I would make for myself, but it is amazing and I'm so glad I can carry it in my shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment