Tuesday, January 24, 2012

416.9 Miles

(19)

We've been walking all night and Frodo is on the horse Glorfindel. He doesn't look good and was barely conscious as we traveled on.

Today I was determined to set a record again. My last was 18.25 miles and I felt pretty good about it. Today I didn't even want to get on the bike, but I'd already told myself yesterday that I wanted to break my old record. So, as weary as I felt, I got on there anyway. Afterward, I felt a bit of a high with the accomplishment. I couldn't have done that 2 months ago. There is no way I could have maintained that speed for an hour. Now I know that I can.

The knitting was great today! I finished the gussets on both socks and turned the heels. I wasn't sure I'd be able to deal with the wrap & turns, but I didn't have any problems at all. Now, there is only the back of the heels, then the legs. I should be able to get that done within a few more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment