Monday, January 23, 2012

397.9 Miles

(16.7)

The rain finally stopped and we came to the Stone Trolls. How odd to think of Bilbo tied up here so long ago.

Today my ride was interrupted with daycare stuff. It wasn't a big deal, but it did kind of throw me off a little. I still got back on the bike after everything was taken care of. It just didn't feel quite the same, though.

I'm reading an interesting book about wheat and the way it affects the body. Especially the newer, modified wheat. There are so many ideas now cruising through my head. I'm thinking that, once I reach my goals and can enjoy more grains, I will purchase heirloom wheat flour and other products. Yes, it will be a little more costly, but I will know that my homemade bread will be even more nourishing for me and my loved ones.

Knitting was pretty good and I think I've really gotten the hang of the smaller needles. I'm not sure I'd want to knit with anything smaller than 2.25mm, but that could change over time.

No picture today, simply because the camera battery was dead earlier. Yes, I could have used my phone camera, but didn't really think of it until the bike reset itself. Tomorrow, though, I will certainly get a picture since I plan to break another record. And! I'll be passing the 400 mile mark! Yay, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment