Tuesday, January 17, 2012

330 Miles

(16.7)

Still traveling through the valley. It occurred to me how little time this took in the movies, and how long of a stressful journey it is in the books. I think people who only see the movie can not appreciate just how much time it took to finally get help for Frodo.

Today I took a water & bathroom break just after 30 minutes. April says this is fine to do and won't diminish the benefits of the workout. I realized that the bike will reset itself after only a few minutes, though. When I came back in the screen was blank and I could only remember that I'd gone 8.something miles before stopping. So, since I couldn't remember what came after the decimal, I just counted it as 8.

I was knitting a tool cover today. This created a little bit of a challenge since the gauge is so tight. After a little while my hands just didn't want to work so hard. This project needs to be done very soon, though so I'll keep going with it. I'm thinking that a slight felting would be a good idea, too, just to keep it from getting snagged or anything like that.

The picture today only shows the miles for the 2nd half of the session. I'm thinking that any other water breaks will have to be less than 4 minutes if I want to keep the full time & stuff on the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment