Wednesday, January 18, 2012

345.2 Miles

(15.2)

In Middle Earth we are 5 days from Weathertop. There are still many to go.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get on the bike today. Mostly because of the pain in the back of my leg. It's not really the "I'm working the muscles" kind of pain, but isn't really an injury pain, either. So, I took the advice from my trainer and rode slowly for about 10 minutes, then stretched gently. I did feel a bit better after that. I drank another tall glass of water and got back on the bike. This time I started out with the thought that I'd only go for 30 minutes then see how I felt. Since I wasn't going very fast, I actually didn't hurt much at all, so I finished the hour. Toward the end I found myself pedaling faster and had to make myself slow down. My leg is still pretty sore, but it's not so bad that I can't walk around. Currently I'm walking through the house, dyeing yarn, taking short breaks to knit and walking some more. I'm sure by morning it will be just fine.

I had to take some of the knitting back out, mainly because I want this to have "corners". The tool is slightly rounded, so it doesn't really matter, but I want it to look nice. After all, this may be seen by other professionals in that industry and I don't want it to look sloppy. Even if they never know who made it, I still want it to look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment