Friday, April 13, 2012

Other movements

Yesterday I walked swiftly & steadily and learned my limits of speed. This morning when I woke I was pleased that the sore muscles I had weren't nearly as bad as the day after I'd done the lower body chains for the first time. My back was a little sore, but I gently warmed it up with a couple belly dancing moves. While I was finishing up the shop stuff I worked on weights. You see, while the yarn is winding into a ball, I can do other things (yes, that is very cool) and I chose to get in some strength training. Today I used the 3lb weights, but lifted until I couldn't go any further. Then I'd switch to a different lift (bicep curls, tricep curls, overhead presses, etc). By the time I was finished with the yarns I was sure I couldn't even left those 4oz skeins.

My legs? Oh, yes, I did my squats this morning and felt good about the strength I could feel in my legs. Shortly after 10-ish, however, my legs started feeling more sore. By lunchtime I could feel the tightness even more. So I kept drinking water and gently stretching. I did walk a very short distance to have lunch with some friends, but when I got home, my calves were hollering at me to knock it off. I ignored them and continued to gently stretch.

I know I still have a long way to go, but I feel really good about the progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment