Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Other Movements

I got in 20 minutes of hooping before the kids arrived then, after they went back to sleep, I started on the strength training. Upper & lower chains, and 50 squats. I don't know what variation they are, but they are similar to a braced squat, only when I stand up, I pull in the muscles of my stomach inward (pelvic thrust?) and pull the barbells toward my body. After that I decided that it wouldn't quite be enough, so I repeated the squats. By the time the kids were gone, I was pretty much done for the day. I know that might sound lazy, but I do stay busy with them (crafts, cooking, etc.).

Let's talk about food for a little bit. I know I don't really get enough protein and I"m still on the hunt for a decent, non-sweetened powder that is affordable. I have found a whey powder that is mostly smooth, but it's a lot more expensive than the rice protein. The rice has a pleasant taste, but is very gritty. I'll keep trying.

One thing I miss is a cookie. Yes, that sounds silly, but it's true. With the elimination of nearly all grains, cookies went first. However, I have been trying out a couple recipes for raw cookies that are made with almond flour (no wheat). These are simple and pretty good and I'll be playing with the recipe a bit until I'm happy with it. I'd also like to try out some shortbread cookies without flour. We'll see how that goes.

When all is said and done, when my blood sugar is under complete control, when the weight has been shed, I want to be able to maintain it all without missing out on the things I like most (like ginger snaps on a winter night). Many things I've found awesome replacements for (hot cocoa with stevia instead of sugar), and many things I'm still trying out (I have come to the conclusion that I don't like turkey bacon).

I am choosing to have a strong and healthy body for the rest of my years.

1 comment: