Saturday, April 21, 2012

Catching up

Sometimes, trying to keep up the blog is almost as much work as the workouts! Not really, but it's still something I need to figure into the schedule.

Wednesday and Thursday were both dedicated to weights. There was no soreness or any twinges in my arm at all and I lifted weights, did the chains and thought about how it will feel to move up the scale on the dumbbells. I've decided that it's time to increase the number of sets each day. I've been assured that it's nearly impossible for me to get "bulked" when it comes to weight-lifting unless I dedicated several hours a day to it. So... next week will be more.

Friday I did a lot of squats. You see, when the yarn is skeining I only need to stay close to catch any snags. Those rarely happen so I have a lot of time in between changing the yarn. This time I brought the weights into the shop room with me (I think I need a cool name for that room) and did a lot of overhead press squats along with various lifts. I kind of like doing them like this since I feel I can do more. There is a 1-2 minute break when I take the yarn off the winder and put more yarn on the swift so it gives my body a chance to be ready again.

Sometimes I can see a hint of a difference in the mirror. I'll catch my reflection as I pick something off the floor or wrap a shawl around me and I have to stop and really look. There is a slight definition in the muscles. It's still under a bit of fat, but it's there. I know that it won't be that long before that is what I see even more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment