Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Other bits of movement

No miles today, partly because I didn't keep track and partly because they weren't on my bike. I walked outdoors today. The weather wasn't as warm as it was yesterday, but it was pleasant. I walked to the library, then over to the pier. It was a nice change from the biking and it led me to think that, when the weather gets even more spring-like, I will move the bike outside. I think it would be lovely to ride out in the back yard under the shade of the maple tree.

I also realized this morning that my stomach was a bit sore. After trying to figure out what it was from it dawned on me that it was from the hooping. I'd given that up since starting on the bike. Why? Because I didn't want to fail this time. In the past I've been great at starting things with a great amount of passion, loading my schedule with dozens of things, then getting frustrated because I can't juggle it all. When I started the biking I let go of nearly every other form of exercise (dancing when good songs come over Pandora doesn't really count). Now that I've gotten through 2 months of biking, I have slowly started including more variety to my routine.

And, yes, slinging a hoop around your waist & hip can really make them sore. But in a really good way.

Tomorrow it will be back on the bike and I look forward to listening to The Fellowship of the Ring while I pedal away.

No comments:

Post a Comment