Friday, February 3, 2012

536 Miles

(20.1)

We followed the small stream westward for a while and now there aren't many paths. The ones we do find are very winding, which seems to be adding more to our journey.

Today's biking actually took 66 minutes, but I was determined to complete 20 miles. I think this will be a hard schedule to get used to, but it will help prevent that plateau that so often happens. When I feel like I'm about to hit another one, I'll make changes to prevent it.

The pushups were harder this morning and I know why. The first one I did was a regular one. And I almost wasn't able to straighten my arms! The remaining 12 were modified (also known as "girl pushups") and they were a little difficult, too. When I completed everything today I will admit that there was a quite sense of accomplishment growing inside. I can do this. I can continue getting stronger and healthier. And the best part? That smile it brings to my face when I realize how well I did.

On the knitting front: I've finished the gusset for the socks and will turn the heel at some point this weekend. The rest of today will be focusing on the blanket. Once that's done I can focus more on the socks.





As you can see, I added some marks to the screen. The display cycles between mph, time, distance and calories (I don't trust those readings). When I glance up to make sure I'm keeping the pace I want, I have to wait until it cycles around. With the marks I can clearly see where the bars are so I know if I am going too slow (when I'm pedaling there are incremental bars to show the speed).




This one? This is my shirt right before I got cleaned up. Yes, that's a lot of sweat. The bottom of that wetness is where the waistband of my pants sits. This is nearly a daily occurrence which is why I always drink another full glass of water about halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment