Thursday, February 2, 2012

515.9 Miles

(17.9)

We've crested a hill and can now see snowy mountains to the east. The weather is so cold and snowy and I'm glad for the warm wool cloaks and clothing. I don't know how the Hobbits can stand having bare feet here. The Shire seems like such a warm and gentle place.

I've changed my routine a little, even though I didn't follow that change yesterday. More strength training (not a lot) has been added as well as the hooping. It's an interesting kind of fun, hooping is. There is that part of me that remembers the bright sunshine and hot breezes and the grass beneath my bare feet. That part wants to smile with the thought of a grown up twirling a hula hoop. That part misses that sound that the hoops would make from the BBs inside. That part of me wants to run around the yard using the hoop as a jumprope. And I can't help but grin. Another part of me thinks of how cool it is that a grown up is hula-hooping in the living room. I would have never gotten away with that as a kid. Now, it's more effort, more focus. It doesn't come as easily as it did back then, but it's still fun. Now, instead of the sound of the Phoenix summers, I listen to the sound of my music and smile.

I'm still working on those socks. Since I'm only working on them while I'm on the bike, they may be delayed a little. But there is a baby on the way so the blanket gets my full attention while I'm not cardio-knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment