Thursday, February 9, 2012

553.6 Miles

(17.6)

We camped in a thicket of thorn bushes, then headed southwest for a while. Just a few miles back there was a steep drop-off and we had to follow the cliff-top for a while.

I didn't ride this week. For two days I was arguing with my body over something I had eaten... or some bug. Yesterday I was feeling a lot better, but I didn't want to push too hard and end up feeling under the weather again. Today when I got on the bike it was wonderful! I could feel my muscles relaxing after the first couple of miles and my heart warming up again. During my mid-point water break, I felt like I should rush through the glass of water so I could get back on the bike. What a wonderful feeling. I guess this really has become a habit now.

I finished up Kevin's socks yesterday and started a new pair for myself. Oh, how I love this color! It reminds me of the deep parts of the forests I loved so much as a child. With the tiny purple flowers and the dark shadows, the bright glimpses of water through the trees and the rich earth beneath my feet. I am looking forward to wearing these soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment