Thursday, May 17, 2012

Final Day

Today I woke feeling still a bit icky, but as the day progressed I felt better and better. I only needed a few tissues and I didn't feel like I was going to fall asleep all day. Through this time, I took good care of myself. I rested, ate only the foods I felt like eating, drank a lot of fluids, and relaxed. I didn't beat myself up over the fact that I didn't exercise this week, either.

I learned something about myself; I used to push and push until there was nothing left to sustain me. This time, I listened to what my body was telling me. Whatever "this" was, it wasn't simple allergies (not with a high fever on Monday and into Tuesday, achy muscles until this morning, and fatigue so strong that I took several naps over the last few days). Whatever it was, it's passed now. And that is all that really matters.

I have gained no weight, and my muscles still feel strong under the surface. I am sure that I lost none of ground I've covered. I'm also sure that I am happier with the ability to stop and take good care of myself when I need to. I do believe that I can now go forward with more enthusiasm and determination than I could have mustered this whole week.

I love Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment