Tuesday, May 29, 2012

882.6 Miles

(1.8 treadmill)

We passed through an open glad and are still blindfolded, even while sleeping.

I believe today is a personal record on the treadmill. I made it to 1.8 miles in 30 minutes. I know that might not seem like a whole lot of miles, but 4 of those minutes are only 2.5mph and 4 are 3.0mph. That's the way the program goes. There is more variation in between the warm-up and cool-down, so I certainly am not just plodding along.

Today I had my headphones on and a Pandora station with a great beat and I think that helped keep me moving at a better tempo. As time goes by I know my distance will increase, but I have to take this a bit at a time.

Yesterday was a bit of a bust as far as a workout, part of that had to do with the walk from where we parked to the Memorial Day ceremony. Normally that wouldn't have been anything at all, but I wore sandals. By the time we reached the "gazebo" my calves & shins were on fire. Why did I buy shoes that wouldn't stay on unless I kept my toes tightened? I have no idea. Truly. As soon as I can I'll be getting something that has a strap or a different construction or something (flip-flops are out of the question).

I'm a little worried about my goal. Forget that, I'm thrilled about my goal! I will succeed at that one and will be able to know that I can do it. That goal will help me reach toward the next one. Yeah!

Now, however, I'm literally dripping sweat. Seriously, it's dripping from my elbows to my pants (which are now being held up with a safety pin so they don't fall off while I'm on the treadmill.) No, I'm not going to buy more right now. Instead I'll add elastic to the waists of all my capris and get to the end of June before any clothing purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment