Thursday, August 30, 2012

904.1 Miles

 (1.9 treadmill)

Still walking with our blindfolds on.

I wasn't sure about yesterday. My legs were pretty sore from Monday's run and from the chains I did with Brianna on Tuesday. Still, I have a goal to reach and it won't happen if I keep putting things off. So, I got on the treadmill. My shins were already screaming at me in 10 minutes of running/walking, but it felt more like the "go ahead and stop 'cause this isn't comfortable" kind of screaming, not the "there is an injury here" screaming. So I kept going. When I reached the 30 minute mark I was a bit surprised to see how far I'd gone since I fully expected less than 1.5 miles.

Today my legs are barely able to move in certain positions so I'm focusing on stretching, hydration, and gentle movements. I'm not going to be on the treadmill more than 3 times this week, but I'm okay with that since I know that the strength training is also building the healthy body I want to have for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment