Monday, August 27, 2012

902.2 Miles

(1.8 Treadmill)

Today I took April's advice and ran slowly. So very slowly, it seemed. 4.0 mph seemed like I was dragging my feet the whole time. The really awesome thing about that speed was the fact that I did run for longer increments. Instead of needing to stop every 2 minutes, I actually kept going for 5 minutes, and walking for only 2 minutes. That felt really good. Tomorrow I will keep the same pace, maybe for the whole week, but I'll have to see how it all feels. So, I only ran/walked for 30 minutes today since there were other things I needed to take care of (weights) and feel awesome about it!

I'll admit that the only reason I ran so slow is because of the soreness of my upper body. Yesterday I was helping lift a truck and my arms feel like lead. Yes, a bottle jack was involved, but to raise (and lower) the darn thing you have to turn the crank, which is similar to pedaling a bike using your arms instead of legs. Not really a big deal unless you do that a few times. But it gave me an idea for a different way to use my weights!

Afterward, I stepped out into the back yard and stood in the pouring rain for a while. I can't even describe how great that felt.



No comments:

Post a Comment