Friday, August 10, 2012

900.4 Miles

I have 20 more miles before I reach Lothlorien.

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe I did what I did today. Really. I thought I was going to pass out before I was finished, but I'm so glad I kept going. It was a bit odd keeping track of everything, but Brianna helped me out.

Now, up front I should say that I did not run the whole distance. However, I ran accumulatively longer today than I have before. Even during the 5k in June I didn't run as long (faster, but shorter times).

I discovered that the treadmill speed will jump by .5 if I hold the buttons down. Yeehaw, that means a lot less time for speed adjustment. That makes a big difference when you're going from 4 mph to 5.5 mph (holding the button for about 3 seconds instead of pressing it 15 times). After this awesome discovery, I had Brianna use the stopwatch on my old phone. Every time I was running she would press start, then press stop when I was walking. During my "oh my Gods, I need water or I'm going to die" break, I hit stop on the treadmill, too (it saves the time & stuff). That break was less than 5 minutes, then I was back at it.

So the breakdown is this:

20 minutes at 5.5 mph/1.83 miles
19.7 minutes at 4.0 mph/1.31 miles

I know the picture shows 3.3 miles, but with the few seconds of adjusting the speed here and there, I went with what the time calculations came to instead of what the treadmill said. I've already been drinking a ton of water and will be doing a lot of stretching for the rest of the afternoon. I'm looking forward to trying this again soon!





2 comments: