Wednesday, August 1, 2012

893.1 Miles

It's been a while, hasn't it. I have been focusing on no-impact movements since the dentist scraped out the extraction site and packed some vile tasting stuff into it. The first week was pretty painful and I didn't eat much. The week after that (the 16th) I started doing the chains again and got Brianna involved, too. Last week I did some jumping jacks to see what would happen and there was very little remaining pain. So, this week was the beginning of training again.

I started out with the first day of Couch to 5k, but then I realized that I didn't start feeling winded until I'd run for a whole minute. That was pretty cool, and I advanced myself to the second week. I think it will push me harder, which is fine.

It's harder on the treadmill to adjust the speed. This one can't be programmed so I have to press the buttons with each change. I had the thought of setting it to the speed I like to run, then just walking through the house for the walking section and hopping back on the treadmill for the running section. The only problem that I see for that it that I won't be able to keep accurate count of my miles (I'd leave the treadmill running). I'll keep thinking through this and see what I come up with. in the meantime, here is today's picture. I chose black & white to see if it helped make it more clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment