Monday, July 9, 2012

Dry socket...

I was starting to get excited about restarting the C25K program this week, but instead will be avoiding anything that will jar my body. Why? When I woke last night (a few times) I was in extreme pain from a tooth extraction. This really surprised me since the tooth had already had a root canal several years ago. The reason for the extraction was simply because I had broken it and there wasn't really enough left to repair. All was going fine until the wee hours of the morning.

A dry socket really doesn't make a lot of sense for me since I don't usually use straws or smoke or any of the several activities that increase your chance for one. Oh well, I know how to take care of it, even without returning to the dentist.

Even so, this diminishes the things I can do physically. Yoga? Nope, the downward position of my head increases the throbbing. Running? No way. Ah, but I can still ride the bike and I can still belly dance. And chains. It looks like it will be a productive week after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment