Thursday, February 28, 2013

Movements

It's been over a week since I've written, but it feels like only a couple days. Over the past week I've had sore muscles, bruises, a minor cough, and one pulled muscle. All in all, not a bad week considering how many people are dealing with the flu and other issues.

I added a new set of exercises to my routine and I think I'm starting to see a difference. These exercises focus on the lower abdominal region and I'm a little surprised at the soreness they created. It only adds a couple minutes to the strength-training portion of my workout, but added a significant amount of ache. That's a good thing, right?

I've also been hooping since that doesn't have any impact on my legs (but it does make my hips and stomach a bit sore). I figure any movement is good movement.

The bruise on my lower leg is finally starting to dissipate. This one has kept me off the treadmill and bike. Each time I'd run there was a jarring pain along the front of my shin. Each forward pedal there was a pulling pain in the same place. I took that to mean that using the machines wasn't a good idea for now. There isn't any extra pain while doing squats or lunges (makes no sense to me), so that is what I've focused on. Next week I will try the treadmill for walking for a day or two and see what happens.

For now, I'm doing what I can to make sure I heal quickly and without further injury. And I'm looking forward to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment