Tuesday, February 19, 2013

1042.6 Miles

(2.1 treadmill)

What a wonderful weekend! I was able to spend some time out in the country and relax. There were a couple of stressed moments (like when I got a call from Anthony about something Brianna had done), but over all it was lovely. And it gave me the time away from work and everything else that I needed to come back even more determined to stay healthy. Part of it was simply the way my body reacted to the foods I ate (and the dessert-drinks) because I didn't get that rapid heartbeat that I sometimes would get. Instead, with the combination of a healthier body and the right foods, I was able to enjoy without fear.

Now if only I can get that perfected in the rest of the areas of my life! Determination...

Today I actually was in pain during the run. It wasn't serious and it wasn't enough to keep me from getting on the treadmill, but I did need arnica salve before and after. You see, the wind was a bit strong this morning when I was getting out of the Jeep and it caught me by surprise. There is a colorful bruise on my shin and it's going to be gone soon (my arnica salve really is awesome).

The weights... I still am struggling to do the back fly movement with the 8-pound weights. I am determined to use the 10s soon. As soon as I can do more than 15 with the 8s. I've thought about a barbell, too, but only for the squats since I don't have a bench or a spotter (the last thing I need is to drop the thing on my own face or something like that.) Perhaps one of these days, but I'm not sure yet. Right now I feel like I really need to focus first on the steps I'm taking and not jump a few miles down the road.

Tomorrow will be the bike!


No comments:

Post a Comment