Monday, March 4, 2013

1044.4 Miles

(1.8 - Sheldon Marsh State Nature Preserve)

This has been a truly beautiful day. After having a shrimp & spinach omelet (which was quite tasty) for breakfast I was taken to Sheldon Marsh (check out the link above) for a brisk morning walk. It was pretty cold, but the sun was shining and there wasn't that much wind. The air was filled with various bird calls that made me smile with the sheer joy of it all. Early in the walk we spotted a Bald Eagle in flight and could even see (very far away) that it was eating something while it was perched on a branch.

The road through the Marsh is about one mile, but we didn't walk the whole thing, instead turning straight to the beach when we got to one of the side paths. This is why I only am counting 1.8 miles.

I got only one picture and I love how the snow and moss look together -


No comments:

Post a Comment