Thursday, January 30, 2014

Recovery progress...

As some of you know, I had a nasty bout with bacterial pneumonia at the end of October (2013) and was really hit hard with it. I can't recall the last time I went to the ER for myself, but this time I did. I am very lucky that it wasn't worse and so very grateful for the help I had during that time.

And now...

my journey is not ended, but it is on hold for a while longer. You see, I pretty much wiped out all my stores of energy and for a very long time (okay, it seems like a really long time, even though I just realized that I was at the ER 3 months ago) I could barely move around the house without feeling as if I'd been digging in the yard all day. Even now, after all this time, I feel completely drained after simple things. Last weekend I repotted most of my houseplants and by the time I was finished I felt like I'd been doing manual labor for several hours.

What this means is simply that I'm not going on long (or even short) treks through the neighborhood, around the block, up the mountain, etc., until I can get past this completely. What it also means is that when I begin again, I will be really looking forward tot he progress I'll be making.

Love and great healthy to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment